Wednesday 2 October 2013

INTRODUCTION

Hi all.

Welcome to my new blog which is created to share my lifetime experience in recreational fishing with fellow anglers here in Malaysia and the rest of the world. I have other blogs which are dedicated to photography - lutfialibirding@blogspot.com and lutfialimacro.photography@blogspot.com which will be link to this new blog i just created today(2 October 2013).

My first passion in life has always been fishing which i have been involved in since i was 10 years old i think. Those days i was using just hand line to fish as i could not afford to buy a rod and reel. My friends and i would go fishing the whole day at the river in my hometown in Kuala Terengganu, a town located at the river mouth of the Terengganu River in the State of Terengganu in Malaysia. As the river is quite close to my house i would go fishing two or three times a day and bringing back Mangrove Jacks(Kakap Merah), Grouper(Kerapu) or Bream(Kuku) was proud moments for me. Those days catching good size fish was easy and plenty, sadly today the fish population has declined to a point sometimes i did not catch a single fish at all. The developments along the river over the years has altered the flow of the river not to mention the pollution dumped into the river by various parties has contributed to the decline. But that is another issue.

Nowadays, my collection of rods, reels, lures, jigs, flies has grown to a point it can fill a small size room in my house. I have given some rods and reels to my close relative who are my fishing buddies when i upgraded to better brands over the years, they have no complaints as they got them free of charge. I make it a point that i would go out fishing with them at least twice a year at sea since everybody is so busy.

I will post the photos of my fishing trips, equipments, and discussed in short of some techniques i use, methods of tying hooks, lures, and productive lures etc. I am excited about this new blog but it will take time for me to get it going up to speed, so bear with me.

Thanks for visiting and i hope you gain some knowledge from what i put up in this blog and become a better angler. Happy fishing.


No comments:

Post a Comment